Sunday, May 07, 2006

Teri Hatcher wrote a book?

Made it to Lisbon. I feel like I'm on the AMAZING RACE. Stopped by my local Borders before the trip to stock up on books and nearly fell on the floor. Teri Hatcher has a book giving women advice? TERI HATCHER? Let's see -- nutcase, diva, notorious crew killer, has an eating disorder -- what qualifies Teri fucking Hatcher to give advice? Oh right. She's lucky enough to be on a hit television show. Remember the days when qualified pop psychologists wrote self help books? Now, we've gone so past Dr. Phil that someone who two years ago was doing Radio Shack commercials with Howie Long is telling other woman how to live their lives.

Can Jillian Barberie's life lessons be far behind?

Needless to say, I didn't buy the Teri Hatcher book. Nor the Helen Reddy autobiography. What could anyone possibly want to know about Helen Reddy?

11 comments :

Tenspeed & Brownshoe said...

Here's another book I feel is equally as hilarious:

Suzanne Somers: How I Picked Myself Up, Dusted Myself Off, and Started All Over Again.

I don't know when she wrote this but perhaps I can suggest a more updated title:

Suzanne Somers: How I Picked Myself Up, Dusted Myself Off, and Started All Over Again...but then I Fucked It Up Again and Now You Can See Me Daily On QVC Pushing Shitty Moo Moo Dresses That Dame Edna Wouldn't Even Wear (Sigh...)

MaryAn Batchellor said...

She still looks dusty to me.

Anonymous said...

We know you’re not a fan, but Edie Britt really hates her. She just burned her place down on ‘Housewives.

I hate myself for knowing that.

Anonymous said...

Hey, there are those that may disagree but Suzanne Somers opened the door for today's generous salaries. Maybe Ken will have input on how things have changed between then and now. It's just interesting to look at the salaries of Friends and Raymond, and then trace back to her battles. First season, she really was the draw for that show.

Suzanne Somers on Jay Bernstein:

"He told me later he didn't think I was particularly good-looking and didn't know if I was talented, but he said he hadn't seen that kind of passion since Sammy Davis Jr., and that's why he took the deal."

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-bernstein3may03,1,37221.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-california

Tenspeed & Brownshoe said...

Suzanne Somers salary was nothing compared to someone like, Carol O'Connor.

Orlando C. Harn said...

What could anyone possibly want to know about Helen Reddy?

Is she woman?

Frank Strovel III said...

True about Carroll O'Conner. There are a couple episodes of All in the Family minus Archie because of a salary dispute.

Lucy V said...

I want to know who Helen Reddy is. Apart from that, I don't need to know anything else. IMDB should do it I guess.

Anonymous said...

Helen Reddy is what Julie Andrews probably would have been if she had been Australian and had an extra male chromosome....

Anonymous said...

So what did you buy? *S*S*

Anonymous said...

maybe she can advice about how to make easy money.
"easy come, easy go..."