Saturday, March 14, 2009

What car wash do I go to?

Somebody sent me these twenty questions. Now you'll know everything there is to know about me. Enjoy or be horrified.

1. What newspapers do you read?

The LA TIMES, NY TIMES (on Sunday), CHICAGO TRIBUNE TV section, LA WEEKLY when I need a massage.

2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? NY POST

3. Which Web sites are on your favorites bookmark? Los Angeles Radio People, Defamer, Hoffmania, Richbroradio, Dirtywatah.

4. Where do you get your car washed?
Who actually knows the name of their car wash? It's on Sepulveda somewhere. They do an okay job and I can buy Steve Hall inspirational piano CD's and pine tree air fresheners in their gift shop.

5. Do you know your dentist's first name? No because he doesn't say his name in the credit dentist ad.

6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when?
Sadly, yes. And it's a shame. Some of our best writers are or were working for newspapers.

7. What was the last book you read? The Joe Torre book to see if I was in it. I wasn't.

8. What's the last book you say you read?
Helen Reddy's autobiography. I want to impress people with how hip I am.

9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Hat rack. That question was even dumber than the car wash one.

10. What does your TiVo think about you? It's time to get over Natalie Wood already. (She's pictured above. Sigh.)

11. character of fiction you most resemble? Ignatius J. Reilly or Jack Ryan

12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? Sean Connery and then Daniel Craig in the remake.

13. Do you floss? Yes. Wouldn't you love to hear that question asked at a senate subcommittee hearing?

14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? No. And I almost got a hernia blowing them up. Do you still? I hold out hope for Fifi.

15. How many old cell phones do you own? One. I'm still expecting a callback from my agent.

16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. Natalie Wood

17. Do you get satellite radio? Yes.

18. And as a follow do you "get" satellite radio?
No commercials, 170 music channels, major league baseball--what's not to get?

19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/US/people? Only in supermarket lines.

20. Do you lie about it? Yes. I really don't read them but tell people I do.

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

just like an "old media" person, talking about websites without posting links.

is this a rerun?

Anonymous said...

I don't recall ever reading about your encounter with Natalie Wood. Obviously it made an impression, can you share it with the class? (Or classless, as the case may be)

Anonymous said...

Harrison Ford Jack Ryan or Alec Baldwin Jack Ryan?

Anonymous said...

Sean Connery? Walter Matthau, surely.

That Neil Guy said...

I suspect he'd like to be Harrison Ford Jack Ryan but he's really Ben Affleck Jack Ryan.

Anonymous said...

Just like a dumbass commenter - talking about weblinks when he should be googling those sites.

Chris Riesbeck said...

Lessee, I don't get Sirius XM radio, but I do "get" it.

I also can see that Ken said Somebody sent me these twenty questions, so the "old media" person might be the original emailer.

But what I definitely don't "get" is the point of these surveys that keep going around, except when filled out by someone like Ken for public purview. Why they make good email, I've not a clue.

VW: essin -- when Jews eat at home

Anonymous said...

NY Times is liberal trash

Unknown said...

Hope all is well with your pyloric valve, Mr. Reilly.

Kate Coe said...

Those are our old Fishbowl LA questions, when Mayrav Saar and I blogged on the site. You know--when it was funny and annoying--and when people actually read it.

Ken first answered those questions two years ago.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/our_town/fbla_has_20_questions_for_ken_levine_52083.asp

Harold X said...

Busted!

"emedsiom" -- the place where they storehouse the prescription drugs you order online.